Thursday, 14 August 2014

My terrible “Our Little Secret” Hair Extensions Experience

I’d just like to share my hair extensions story with you.

My journey began on the 8th October 2013, and hasn’t ended yet. I decided to get hair extensions and chose Our Little Secret, a company based in the Photography Mill, Dublin, Ireland. Melissa arrived at my home on the 8th to apply the micro ring hair extensions.

The very next morning, I began to notice problems, and I emailed a picture to Our Little Secret showing how terrible the hair looked. There was a very obvious difference between my own hair and the extensions that were put in. The extensions were really dry and bushy. One of their representatives responded saying that it would take a week for the extensions to settle. She also claimed that Melissa had feathered (cut and blended in) my hair – but this never actually happened.

Within 2 weeks of getting the hair extensions I noticed that my own hair was beginning to fall out. This was very distressing as I’m sure you can imagine. So, on the 16th October, I decided to seek professional advice from Salon Tibo in Malahide. The stylist had several years’ experience. She said that I needed at least another 2 rows of extensions, and queried why there were only 7 extensions on one side of my head. There was a large patch at the back of my head where there were none. She also said that my own hair had not been feathered sufficiently, so straightening it would not blend it. The independent professional opinion showed that the service provided was inadequate. This confirmed my own concerns.

I emailed Our Little Secret that same day, and attached the findings of the professional hair stylist. I presented some options to rectify the situation. However, I never received a reply from Our Little Secret again – despite several emails, texts, voice messages, and a Facebook message.

I went to Peter Mark to see if they would take them out, but they wouldn’t touch my hair, because the extensions were put in by someone else. I rang around, but the response was the same. Nobody would take them out for me. I was left with no option but to remove them myself. My dad had to remove them with his garden pliers as a last resort. It was a shocking and sad sight to see my own hair on the floor mixed in with the hair extensions.

I decided to take my complaint to the Small Claims Court. Melissa counter-claimed my complaint, and a date was set for a court appearance. That date was the 7th April 2014. Melissa didn’t even show up at the court on the day. She didn’t even bother to defend her case. I won my case, and the Judge awarded damages in the amount of €300.
I haven’t seen a penny of that €300 since the 7th April 2014. I used the services of the County Sheriff to retrieve the money, but Melissa ignored him too.

I’m not the only one who has experienced Our Little Secret’s poor customer service. In that post, Katrina concludes by saying that she would never recommend them to anyone. I agree with this 100%. I just wish I had read Katrina’s review before getting hair extensions from Our Little Secret.

Our Little Secret Hair Extensions

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd read this before I used her services.... Did you ever get this situation sorted?....

    ReplyDelete